Looking for a simple way to store your wheelchair, scooter, or mobility device while not occupying space in your vehicle? The external platform lift is your answer! This vehicle lift uses a platform upon which you drive the mobility vehicle, get off and then raise to a transport position, thus securely storing your chair outside your vehicle. These platform lifts are a fully powered, one button operation and they automatically fold up when not in use. There is no reversing necessary here with a smooth drive on/off platform. The lift is powered by the vehicle’s battery and requires no structural modifications to the vehicle. It works well with minivans, SUVs, CUVs, pickup trucks, full-size vans and sedans.
At Rollin’ Along, we offer two models of this external platform lift style:
- ASL 250 by Bruno – This platform boasts a full 28.5 inches in width for an easy drive on and off the platform. Its’ operating handle provides a safety latch in case of unintended lowering and there is even a two-position, telescoping license plate holder with a quick position adjustment. Bruno provides a swing-away option, thus enabling you easy access to the hatch or trunk of the car. The ASL 250 has three different securement solutions:
- ASL 250A – This is a scooter version with an adjustable platform, positioning trays and a strong, automatic hold tight foot.
- ASL 250HTP – This utilizes an automatic, hold tight arm for powerchairs along with an open modular platform for a smoother and more gradual drive on and off. After you drive on, the wheels automatically nestle into position and the one-hand operated “hold-tight arm” automatically stops the chair as the platform is raised.
- ASL 250B – This version has three retractable, self-tensioning belts for securing both powerchairs and scooters.
- AL 100 by Harmar – This platform has a unique hold-down foot that automatically secures basically any sized scooter. It accommodates scooters with a wheelbase of up to 42”, provides a manual crank backup, a license plate mount and a swing-away option for easy access to the hatch or trunk of the car.